- Specialty Pharmacy List
- CAP Patient Enrollment Form
- Altera® Nebulizer System Instructions for Use
- Altera® Nebulizer System Instructions for Use en Español
CAYSTON has low systemic exposure
- Mean sputum concentrations of aztreonam 10 minutes after dose administration in patients receiving CAYSTON (75 mg) 3 times a day for 28 days are shown below*:
* There was considerable variability observed between patients.
- Mean peak plasma concentrations were reached 1 hour post dose in patients receiving CAYSTON (75 mg) 3 times a day. Values shown below†:
† There was considerable variability observed between patients.
- In contrast, serum concentration following a one-time, 30-min IV administration of aztreonam for injection (500 mg) was approximately 54 mcg/mL.
- There was no systemic accumulation of CAYSTON.
- Evaluation of plasma and urine aztreonam concentrations in patients following administration of CAYSTON indicated low systemic absorption of aztreonam.
- About 10% of the total CAYSTON dose was excreted in the urine as unchanged drug, as compared to 60%-65% following IV administration of aztreonam for injection.